20130122

Sentence transformation. Answers


31.- Can you understand what this paper means?
sense
Can you ……make sense of…… this paper?
32.- It wasn’t necessary to meet me at the airport yesterday.
needn’t
You ……needn’t have met… me at the airport yesterday.
33.-It was unkind of you to talk to her like that.
not
You …should not have talked… to her like that.
34.-I saw the film although I strongly dislike thrillers.
spite
I saw the film in …spite of my strong dislike… of thrillers.
35.-It’s not possible to play tennis because of the rain.
makes
The rain ……makes it impossible…. to play tennis.
36.-I’ve never tasted such good food before.
ever
It is the …best food I’ve ever.. tasted.
37.-Do your parents allow you to watch TV late at night?
let
Do your parents …let you watch…. TV late at night?
38.-”Did you write a note for Anna?” I asked my mother.
she
I asked my mother …whether/if she had written…. a note for Anna.
39.-He gave me the money first, and then he left.
after
He left ……after he had given me/after giving me….. the money.
40.-I don’t find it difficult to get up early any more.
used
I ……am used to getting…. up early.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment