20130122

Sentence transformation


For questions 31 – 40, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given. There is an example at the beginning (0).
Example:
0 They published this book in England.
came
This book …..came from…. England.
31.- Can you understand what this paper means?
sense
Can you ……………………………  this paper?
32.- It wasn’t necessary to meet me at the airport yesterday.
needn’t
You ……………………… me at the airport yesterday.
33.-It was unkind of you to talk to her like that.
not
You ……………………………… to her like that.
34.-I saw the film although I strongly dislike thrillers.
 spite
I saw the film in …………………… of thrillers.
35.-It’s not possible to play tennis because of the rain.
makes
The rain ……………………………….  to play tennis.
36.-I’ve never tasted such good food before.
ever
It is the ………………….. tasted.
37.-Do your parents allow you to watch TV late at night?
let
Do your parents ……………………. TV late at night?
38.-”Did you write a note for Anna?” I asked my mother.
she
I asked my mother ………………………. a note for Anna.
39.-He gave me the money first, and then he left.
after
He left …………………………………….. the money.
40.-I don’t find it difficult to get up early any more.
used
I ………………………………………. up early.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment