20121216

Matching Similes. Answer Keys

1. The girl never tells the truth.A. It's as smooth as silk.
2. Please water that plant.B. I'm as busy as a beaver.
3. Those two children don't like each other.C. She has been as quiet as a church mouse.
4. That girl won't harm anyone.D. Then I can fly like an eagle.
5. I have many things to do today.E. It's as flat as a pancake.
6. Be careful of the the broken glass.F. He's as strong as a bull.
7. The water has frozen.G. She's as slow as molasses in January.
8. This material is very soft.H. It's as fresh as a daisy.
9. Did you scrub the floor?I. He eats like a pig.
10. V Put on some warm gloves.J. He eats like a bird.
11. P This cake is soft and fluffy.K. She can sing like an angel.
12. D I want to do well on my tests.L. She lies like a rug.
13. H This bed sheet is very clean and smells good.M. It's as hard as a rock.
14. S I can't understand this question.N. They're as black as coal.
15. Z He will get lung cancer if he's not careful.O. She looks as white as a ghost.
16. d My father taught me many things.P. It's as light as a feather.
17. G Why is she taking so much time?Q. It's as sweet as honey.
18. f I have heard that story many times before.R. Time flies like an arrow.
19. I He's such a sloppy eater.S. It's as clear as mud.
20. W He doesn't listen to anyone.T. She is flying as high as a kite.
21. O The patient looks very ill.U. She's as blind as a bat.
22. J He doesn't eat very much.V. Your hands are as cold as ice.
23. K She sings with much feeling.W. He's as stubborn as a mule.
24. F The man can lift this heavy box.X. He sits there like a bump on a log.
25. R We shouldn't waste time worrying.Y. It's as dry as a bone.
26. N Go to the bathroom to clean your hands.Z. He smokes like a chimney.
27. X The boy is very lazy.a. It's as clean as a whistle.
28. Q The pudding tastes delicious.b. It's as sharp as a knife.
29. U She has very poor eyesight.c. She's as gentle as a lamb.
30. E Did you step on this?d. He's as wise as an owl.
31. T She is very excited about getting her driver's license.e. They always fight like cats and dogs.
32. C I will go check on the baby.f. It's as old as the hills.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment