20121211

Synonyms for adapt


Q1 This book is very difficult for children aged ten, so I'm afraid you will have to ....... it.
(a) adjust (b) fit (c) adapt (d) focus
Q2 This machinery needs to be ....... before putting it into operation.
(a) suited (b) adjusted (c) accommodated (d) conformed
Q3 Students usually find it very easy to ....... to college life.
(a) fit (b) adapt (c) reconcile (d) suit
Q4 I will have to find a way to ....... myself to the new requirements.
(a) match (b) suit (c) accommodate (d) change
Q5 The picture on the television is not very clear; probably something needs to be ........
(a) suited (b) adjusted (c) adapted (d) fitted
Q6 It's been months since he moved to the North, but he can't ....... himself yet.
(a) fit (b) match (c) acclimatize (d) harmonize
Q7 This plan of yours really ....... me!
(a) suits (b) matches (c) fits (d) suffices
Q8 We are happy to inform you that you are the candidate who best ....... our qualifications.
(a) harmonizes (b) adapts (c) suits (d) accommodates
Q9 I admit it's been a hard thing to do, but I finally ....... my way of thinking with yours.
(a) reconciled (b) acclimatized (c) suited (d) matched
Q10 I like those shoes very much; I wish they ....... me.
(a) accommodate (b) fit (c) match (d) suit

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment