20130211

Idioms

- be a piece of cake: be very easy.
 "Bob said the test was difficult, but I thought it was a piece of cake."
- beat: exhausted; very tired (adj.).
"This has been a long day. I'm beat!"
- beat around the bush: evade an issue; avoid giving a direct answer.
"Quit beating around the bush! If you don't want to go with me, just tell me!"
- Beats me: I have no idea.
A: "What time's the party?"
B: "Beats me!"
- blow one's top: become extremely angry.
A: "Was your father upset when you came home at 3 AM?"
B: "He was more than upset. He blew his top!"
-bug: annoy; bother
"I'm trying to concentrate! Don't bug me!"
-bull-headed: stubborn; inflexible.
"Don't be so bull-headed. Why can't you admit that others' opinions are just as good as yours?"
- a bundle: a lot of money.
A: "Your new car is really nice."
B: "It should be. It cost me a bundle!"

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment