20130227

Sentence Transformation,14. Answers

31 He knows everything about flowers.
expert
He …is an expert on… flowers.
32 If you are not old enough you cannot watch certain films.
age
If you …are under age….. you cannot watch certain films.
33 I regret that I gave him the money.
lent
If only ……I hadn’t lent…. him the money.
34 It was such a boring movie that we left.
so
The movie ….was so boring……..….. that we left.
35 People say that the pyramids are worth visiting.
supposed
The pyramids …are supposed to be…. worth visiting.
36 John cannot possibly borrow the car tonight.
question
It’s …out of the question… for John to borrow the car tonight.
37 Could I continue what I was doing?
get
Could I …get on with… what I was doing?
38 Mary is slower at doing things than Jill.
fast
Mary is …not as fast as…….. Jill at doing things.
39 I can’t make up my mind about the colour.
decide
I …cannot decide on….. the colour.
40 There are times when you have to do things by yourself.
own
There are times when you have to do things …on your own….

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment