20130214

Idioms


Don't count your chickens until (before) they hatch (they've hatched).: Don't assume
that something will happen until it has happened.(=no cantes victoria antes de tiempo)
A: I'm sure that I'm going to win a lot of money in Las Vegas."
B: "Don't count your chickens until they hatch!"
 ditch class: skip class/play hookey. (=escaparse de clase)
 "You shouldn't have ditched class yesterday. We had an unannounced test."

down in the dumps: depressed; "blue."
A: "Is something wrong?"
B: "Not really, but I feel kind of down in the dumps."
drop someone a line: write to someone.
"I haven't written to my parents for a long time. I'd better drop them a line
today or tomorrow."
drag one's feet: delay; take longer than necessary to do something.(=demorar)
"Joe should have finished his project a week ago. Why is he dragging his feet?"

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment