20130608

Rephrasing Keys

1. She will post you the documents on Monday morning.
The documents … will be posted to you on Monday morning.
2. I broke my leg last week. I won‟t be in the dance competition tonight.
If I … hadn’t broken my lag last week, I would be in the competition tonight.
3. It‟s two years since I had a puncture.
I haven’t … had a puncture for two years.
4. “Who has been using my computer?” asked Tom.
Tom … asked who had been using his computer.
5. Mark‟s wife was wearing a dress last night. It was beautiful.
The dress … which / that /  Mark’s wife was wearing last night was beautiful.
6. Perhaps my secretary knows his address.
My secretary … may / might / could know his address.
7 They want someone to clean the windows.
They want to have … the windows cleaned.
8. Her parents said: “Get your coat, Lydia!”
Her parents … told her to get her coat.
9. Ann had been working all day. She was tired and needed a rest.
Ann, … who had been working all day, was tired and needed a rest.
10. They went on a trip in spite of the bad weather.
Although the … weather was bad, they went on a trip.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment